Funding Option For TRiO-SSS Participants
The TRiO Student Support Services (SSS) Grant is designated for students participating in the SSS program. This grant is designed
to assist with educational expenses such as tuition, fees, books, and supplies when
all other sources of financial aid have been exhausted. Like the Federal Pell Grant, the SSS Grant is not a loan and does NOT have to be paid back.
To be considered for the SSS Grant, applicants must:
- Attend an SSS-sponsored financial literacy workshop and complete a grant application.
- Be awarded and receiving a Pell Grant in the same semester applying for the SSS Grant.
- Maintain a minimum MCC GPA of 2.0 and abide by the requirements for Standards of Academic Progress (SAP) listed on the MCC website.
- Be registered for a minimum of twelve credits each semester. Exceptions may apply.
- Demonstrate a commitment to transfer by enrolling in courses that are required or
recommended for specific program of study (determined by an MCC counselor/advisor).
- Be aware that the SSS Grant will not be awarded for credits in excess of those necessary
to complete program of study.
- Keep assigned SSS Coordinators informed of academic progress via telephone, email
or personal contact at least once per semester to ensure eligibility and consideration
of future awards.
- Explore options as recommended by assigned SSS Coordinators such as tutoring, workshops,
meeting with instructor, etc., before withdrawing from a course.
The Program Director will thoroughly review all grant applications and supporting
documentation submitted prior to making a final determination on SSS Grant award requests.
We reserve the right to cancel the disbursement of an award if eligibility requirements
are not met. Actual award amounts will be determined in consultation with the MCC
Office of Financial Aid.