MCC Payment Policy:

Mott Community College requires students to secure a payment option of their choice at time of registration. Failure to properly acquire a payment option will result in the student’s classes being dropped.

Forms of Payment

  • Cash  – Accepted ONLY at the Cashier's Office PCC Main Campus
  • Check or Money Order – All locations Cashier's Offices and Drop-Box PCC Main Campus
  • Credit Card or Debit Card – Online at MCC4Me > My Backpack, all locations Cashier's Offices.
  • Electronic Check - Online at MCC4me > My Backpack

Payment Options

Students may secure their classes by paying their balance in full using one of the above noted forms of payment.

Semester courses registered through Student Planning in My Backpack can be secured by setting up a tuition payment plan. To set up a tuition plan, a $30.00 non-refundable enrollment fee will be required. A down payment may also be required depending on the plan option selected. The remaining tuition balance is divided into set monthly payments based on the plan option selected, as well. Monthly payments to a tuition payment plan can be made by signing into the student’s My Backpack account at

Semester Payments are due the 15th of each month
† Fall: July • August • September • October • November • December
† Winter: January • February • March • April
† Summer: May • June • July • August

† The date the student sets up a payment plan will determine which due dates are part of the payment plan contract for fall, winter, and summer semesters. Payment plans for the fall, winter, and summer semesters are available to view at My College Payment Plans

Students are strongly advised to begin the financial aid process at least 8 (eight) weeks before the start of the semester. Step one requires completion of the Free Application For Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) for the appropriate school year. Students may need to provide documents verifying income (signed Federal tax forms, etc) to the Financial Aid Office.

Scholarship recipients need to check My Backpack and see Financial Aid to ensure that their funding is awarded. Certain scholarships require that the students provide documentation before the scholarship can be awarded.

MET – proper documents pertaining to scholarship
TIP – Authorization letter and TIP Application
External Scholarships – letter of authorization/check

Students who have been awarded Athletic Scholarships must report to the Athletic Office in the Ballenger Fieldhouse prior to registering for classes. In order to keep classes from being dropped students must sign an agreement with the Athletic Office (PERC form) to accept responsibility for payment of tuition and fees not covered by the Athletic Scholarship.

Students who have tuition benefit programs through an employer, agency, or other third party and wish to use this for their payment option must provide a letter of authorization to the Financial Aid Office.

Students should verify with the Main Campus Admissions Office that the proper paperwork has been submitted prior to registering for classes.

Students should verify with the Main Campus Admissions Office that the proper paperwork has been submitted prior to registering for classes.

Employees wishing to use Mott’s tuition benefit program to cover courses they want to take or courses their dependents want to take need to complete the “login required Educational Grant Waiver Form” in the Human Resources Office (CM1117) prior to registration.

Students who have Veteran Benefits should contact the Veteran's Office on the main campus located on the lower level of the Prahl College Center.