As Required By The Higher Education Act of 1965

As an institution participating in Federal student aid programs, Mott Community College is required to comply with Title IV of the Higher Education Act of 1965. Further Title 34 CFR 668.43 (b) states:

"The institution must make available for review to any enrolled or prospective student upon request, a copy of the documents describing the institution’s accreditation and its State, Federal, or tribal approval or licensing. The institution must also provide its students or prospective students with contact information for filing complaints with its accreditor and with its State approval or licensing entity and any other relevant State official or agency that would appropriately handle a student’s complaint."

General Questions

If you have a question about a College policy or procedure, or a question specific to your relationship with the College (for example: Have I submitted all of the documents I need to for Financial Aid? Or What are the Prahl College Center hours?) call (810) 762-0200 or visit

What How
Academic Concerns The faculty at MCC are here to assist students in achieving their educational goals. However, there are times when students may have concerns regarding their educational experience at MCC. The first step in pursuing all concerns should be an informal discussion with the faculty member. If the student concerns cannot be resolved through informal discussions, there are formal procedures to be followed by the student and college in responding to student complaints.
Grade Appeal Grades may be changed only by instructors. An instructor who wishes to change a grade should submit a Change of Grade Form to the Dean of the division. The Dean will forward the change to the Registrar for correcting the student’s record. Grades may only be changed up to 1 year after original grade has been posted. All grade changes must be made within one calendar year following the end of that course for which the grade was recorded. No grade changes will be approved after that period. All grade changes will be made on the official change-of-grade form.
Academic Integrity Academic Dishonesty will be processed under the Student Code of Conduct.

Non Discrimination

What How
American with Disabilities Act Please see the Disability Services Grievance Procedures.
Sexual Misconduct and Gender-based Discrimination Please see Title IX & Mott Community College
Equal Education Opportunity and Non-Discrimination Please see the MCC Non-Discrimination Statement
Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
Please see Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act or US Department of Education, Family Policy Compliance Office

Note: MCC sign-in credentials required to access/view/download documents or forms as indicated with this icon:


What How
Sexual Harassment: Please see Board Policy 5201 - Sexual Harassment. Complaints can be filed with Human Resources using the login required  Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment Claims Form.
Discrimination & Other Harassment: Please see Board Policy 5202 - Other Harassment. Complaints can be filed with Human Resources using the login required  Sexual and Other Unlawful Harassment Claims Form.


What How
Non Academic Student Concerns such as:
  • Admissions
  • Placement Testing
  • Financial Aid
  • Registration
  • Advising
Please see the Non-Academic Student Concern Procedure

This complaint process may not be invoked for matters that have independent appeal processes established. Examples of these include, but are not limited to: Academic Appeals, Code of Student Conduct, FERPA, Financial Aid, Grade Appeals, Title IX, Discrimination and Harassment.

Parking Concerns Concerns involving parking should be directed to [email protected]
Criminal Activity To report criminal activity please contact public safety at 762-0222 or submit an Anonymous Crime Tip.

Please see Clery Act Records to view Crime Statistics or the Annual Security Report.
Public/Non-Student Concerns Please see the Non-Student/Public Concern Procedure

Unresolved complaints may also be filed with the Higher Learning Commissions (HLC), the College’s regional accrediting agency, once all other avenues have been exhausted. The HLC complaint process is designed to identify substantive problems with an institution’s ability to meet the Criteria for Accreditation. HLC’s policy on complaints provides a full description of the type of complaints that the HLC will review.

Complaints the HLC does not review:

  • Obtaining transcripts
  • Financial aid
  • Tuition/bills
  • Satisfactory academic progress
  • Grade/instructor disputes
  • Disciplinary action
  • Employment disputes
  • Interpersonal situations

Complaints can be filed using the online form under the heading Submit a Complaint at the bottom of the Submit a Complaint to the HLC About an Institution webpage.