General financial aid eligibility requirements state that a student must:
- Be admitted to MCC and enrolled as a regular student. Guest and consortium students are not eligible for financial aid.
- Be a U.S. citizen or eligible non-citizen.
- Not be in default on a student loan.
- Have earned a high school diploma or received a GED.
- Not owe a repayment on a federal grant previously received.
- Not have a conviction for drug distribution or possession.
- Be pursuing a Loading... leading to an associates degree or certificate.
- Be registered with Selective Service if a male at least 18 years of age. Students
may register online at www.sss.gov.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress as defined by federal regulations and pursuant to MCC’s SAP policy.
Important information for financial aid students:
- Financial aid is processed only for students admitted to MCC.
- Financial aid consideration is not reviewed until ALL requested documentation has been submitted. Additional requests may be sent to the
student to resolve conflicting information in the financial aid review process.
- Credit by Examination and or Audit classes are ineligible for financial aid.
- Fresh Start is not recognized for financial aid SAP purposes.