400 General Fund
The 400 General Fund is unrestricted, from which funds may be utilized college-wide. Gifts to this fund are tax-exempt.
Scholarships may be established in memory of a loved one. Gifts to scholarships are tax-deductible. Examples of such scholarships at MCC are:
406 Ruth Kaplan Braun Scholarship
412 Barbara Stephenson Scholarship
414 Kathleen Drummond Scholarship
Kathleen Drummond’s family, friends, neighbors and colleagues have established a scholarship in her name to commemorate the life of "Kate" and to assist other women to achieve their educational goals. Kate was killed in an automobile accident in March 1991. Throughout her life she was never too busy to give of herself to others. She carried out every aspect of her life with zeal. She was strong but never stubborn, confident but never arrogant, helpful without being condescending, kind and gentle at the same time she was a leader. The scholarship is awarded on a financial need basis to a female student who is 30 years of age or older with children.
457 Mathulakshmi (Meera) R. Iyer Tuition Scholarship
Other examples of named scholarships and endowments are:
- Adam Ryan McIntosh AKA OPIE Automotive Technology Scholarship Endowment
- Akhila & Rajamani Scholarship Endowment
- Arlene Martin Kocsis Cosmetology Scholarship Endowment
- Celia M. Turner Endowment
- Dr. Joyce Toet Scholarship Endowment
- Donald E. Ewles Criminal Justice Scholarship Endowment
- John K. Krupp, CPA Scholarship Endowment
- Keith E. Fulmer Memorial Art & Design Scholarship
- And Much More - please see our full list of Available Scholarships PDF document
A small fund is available to help eligible students and MCC employees, depending upon the circumstances. To make application for Mini-Grant funds, print and complete the appropriate application below, then submit it to The Foundation for MCC, 1401 E Court St., Flint, MI 48503.
- Application for Mini Grants - Employees PDF document
- Application for Mini Grants - Students PDF document
Employees should use this form to request funding which is consistent with Departmental/Division mission, goals, and priorities. Funding Request Application