Compliant Process for online courses

If you are a student in an online course and you have concerns and/or complaints, please contact your instructor first.

Mott Community College is dedicated to providing the best possible student experience throughout your college years. When an issue is brought to our attention, MCC will intervene in the matter to seek resolution. Most complaints can be resolved utilizing the internal processes available.

Student rights and expectations are described in the Student Code of Conduct. The Executive Dean Of Student Services investigates the nature of complaints confidentially and impartially in order to achieve equitable settlements, connecting students to the appropriate party for issue resolution.

If the grievance involves an issue linked to a college-wide policy, please review that policy:

External Resources

State Authorization Reciprocity Agreement Logo If an issue cannot be resolved internally and you are residing in a SARA state, pursuant to the SARA Complaint Process , please contact the Michigan SARA State Portal Agency.

If you are a student in a class on Mott campus, you may file a grievance with the Michigan Department of Higher Education. Students may also contact our accrediting agency, the Higher Learning Commission.

Resources for Military Students, Veterans, and their Dependents