Official Evaluation of Credits Transferred to MCC

Many students enroll in Mott Community College courses and programs as transfer students and Mott Community College generally accepts freshman and sophomore college level credits from a regionally accredited college or university.

The following policy must apply when considering a transcript from another college or university:

  • Transcripts of a student’s college credit will be reviewed by the Office of the Registrar to determine their eligibility for transfer.
  • In order for transfer credit to be awarded to a Mott Community College transcript, students must have their official transcripts sent directly from all institutions attended that are recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. Verification of institutional accreditation status can be verified by the Registrar
  • Transfer credit will be awarded to students with coursework earned at regionally accredited institutions
  • Transfer credit will be awarded for courses completed at colleges and universities outside of the United States that are accredited or approved by the Ministry of Education (or other appropriate governmental agency) of the country in which the institution is located.
  • Transfer credit may be awarded from institutions with other accreditations recognized by the US Department of Education or the Council for Higher Education Accreditation. These reviews are handled on a case-by-case basis. Students are encouraged to contact the Office of the Registrar for questions and determination of transfer credit
  • MCC will accept transfer credit for comparable courses with at least a “C” grade from all accredited institutions, provided the student has a cumulative G.P.A. of at least 2.0 on a 4.0 grading scale.

Mott Community College may grant college credit for Military Experience as recommended by the American Council of Education (ACE) if applicable. Students with Military Experience are encouraged to meet with a Veteran Service Specialist prior to requesting their Military transcript. More information can be found on the Veteran Services Webpage.

Students must mail an official college transcript of completed course work to:

Mott Community College
Attn: Records Office
1401 E. Court St.
Flint, MI 48503-2089

Students may also send official college transcript electronically through an authorized E-Transcript service provider of completed course work to Mott Community College

Hand delivered transcripts will not be accepted for official evaluation and posting of transfer credit. It may be used for purposes such as Placement waivers and Pre-Requisite waivers.

The college accepts transfer credits but not grade points. Transfer students accepted by Mott Community College with advanced standing must complete a minimum of 15 credits of satisfactory work at MCC to be eligible for graduation with an associate degree or a minimum of 15 credits of satisfactory work to be eligible for graduation with a certificate of achievement.

The applicability of vocational/technical courses to MCC program course requirements will be determined by the appropriate academic division.

Definition of Official Transcript

An official transcript is one that has been received *directly* from the issuing institution (Not Issued To Student).

It must bear an institutional validation (such as seal, logo, letterhead), date, and appropriate signature.

Transcripts received that do not meet these requirements will not be considered official.