Steps to Apply to the Honors College
- Verify your eligibility
All students must be admitted to Mott Community College and meet the stated requirements
for their level of entry (current student, college transfer student, new student,
or dually-enrolled high school student).
- Complete an application
- Download and mail to Honors College Coordinator, ML2011
- Send two letters of recommendation by faculty members directly to:
- Dr. Brian T. Ivory
Honors College Coordinator
Mott Community College
1401 East Court Street- CM1006 Flint, MI 48503
- Or have faculty send attachment with email directly to Brian.Ivory@mcc.edu
Please note: College applicants must have college faculty letters.
High school applicants may submit letters from high school teachers or counselors.
- Write a 500-word essay (2 pages, typed) on the following topic: How a college education will help you achieve your personal, educational, and career
goals. You may mail the essay or bring to your interview.
- Make an interview appointment with the Honors College Coordinator.
- Call the Honors Office(810) 762-0360
- Or email Brian.Ivory@mcc.edu or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Notice of Acceptance: The Honors College will inform applicants in person and/or in writing of their acceptance
into the college.
- Obtain Honors College Coordinator Signature: : Once you have been accepted into the Honors College, you must have the signature
of the Honors College staff to enroll in honors sections and to apply for the Honors College Scholarship. New students will also be required to sign an Honors College Contract and a Photo
Waiver & Release form.