- After applying for benefits and receiving the Certificate of Eligibility from the
Department of Veteran Affairs, the student will bring a copy to the Veteran Services
Office located in the Prahl Center.
- Once registered for classes, the student will be required to fill out our Veterans Responsibility Form. Students using chapters 30, 32, 35, or 1606 must have either paid tuition in full
or have a payment plan in place.
Please Note: the VA takes approximately 4-6 weeks to process the certification sent from our school.
If the Veteran Services Office does not receive the Veteran Responsibility Form, his
or her benefits may be delayed. The Veteran Services Office is not responsible for
a delay in payment if the student does not accomplish this step.
- Students receiving Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill ® , Chapter 1606 Selected Reserve will be required to verify enrollment on the last
day of each month enrolled. The student may use the Web Automated Verification of Enrollment (WAVE) site or you may call the toll free Interactive Voice Response (IVR) telephone line
at 1-877-823-2378. All Chapters will be processed on the first day of each month for
the previous month enrolled. Payments will be sent via mail or directly deposited.
Direct deposit can be set up by contacting the Direct Deposit center at (877) 838-2778
or it may set it up in the student's WAVE account.
- The Certifying Official will not certify a student's classes without receiving the
Veterans Responsibility Form. Failure to accomplish this will result in late payment
from the VA.
- Beginning with terms starting on or after December 17, 2021, if you are using your
Post-9/11 GI Bill ®  you are required to verify your enrollment at the end of each month to receive your
Monthly Housing Allowance (MHA) and/or kicker payments.
Students need to opt into text messaging (recommended) or email verification for
verifying monthly enrollment and ensuring you receive your MHA/kicker payments are
View the Guide for Opting into Text Messaging
1GI Bill ® is a registered trademark of the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA).
More information about education benefits offered by VA is available at the official
U.S. government website at https://www.benefits.va.gov/gibill.