Supporting Soldier's Educational Goals
The Tuition Assistance Program (TA) provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty
education programs in support of a Soldier's educational goals.
- Soldiers’ TA enrollment requests must be submitted and approved prior to the course
start date; any enrollments requested on or after the class start date will be approved
as Soldier funded.
- Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer
(ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.
- TA will be requested on a course-by-course basis and each course must be part of an
approved program of study.
- Soldiers who do not successfully complete a class will be required to repay the TA.
Soldiers who are unable to successfully complete a class due to military reasons must
request a Withdrawal for Military Reasons through the Army Portal and complete all
required steps to ensure that they will not be charged.
- Please visit your respective Military Services education portal for additional information.
- MCC requires the soldier to notify us of intent to use TA funding. Please visit the
Veteran Services Office or email [email protected]
- Soldiers who withdraw from their classes due to a military service obligation will
have their student accounts adjusted. TA funds will be returned. Soldier must notify
the Veterans Services Office if they withdraw from a class.
- The student that needs to withdraw from their classes due to a military service obligation
will be approved through the Tuition Appeal process for any debt incurred.
- TA recipients are entitled to all forms of financial aid that Mott Community College
makes available to all students. Please contact our Financial Aid Department for information about Title IV student aid programs, scholarships, grants and loans.