Supporting Soldier's Educational Goals
The Tuition Assistance Program (TA) provides financial assistance for voluntary off-duty
education programs in support of a Soldier's educational goals.
- Soldiers’ TA enrollment requests must be submitted and approved through ArmyIgnitED.com prior to the course start date; any enrollments requested on or after the class start
date will be approved as Soldier funded.
- Eligible Service members must receive approval from an Educational Services Officer
(ESO) or counselor within the Military Service prior to enrolling.
- TA will be requested on a course-by-course basis and each course must be part of an
approved program of study.
- ArmyIgnitED will notify the Soldier, whether the TA is approved or not. If the TA
request is not approved, ArmyIgnitED will advise the Soldier of the reason and next
- All drops/withdrawals must take place through ArmyIgnitED. Soldiers who do not successfully
complete a class will be required to repay the TA. Soldiers who are unable to successfully
complete a class due to military reasons must request a Withdrawal for Military Reasons
through ArmyIgnitED and complete all required steps to ensure that they will not be
- If the Soldier wishes to take a class with a school that does not participate in the
electronic ArmyIgnitED class schedule, a TA Request Authorization form must be completed
in ArmyIgnitED. The TA Request Authorization will be routed to an Army Education Counselor
to be reviewed and approved. Soldiers should allow extra time for this. If the TA
Request Authorization is approved, the Soldier will be notified by email. Soldiers
must print the approved TA Request Authorization form in ArmyIgnitED, provide it to
the school and enroll directly with the school.
- Soldiers must acknowledge and electronically sign the TA Statement of Understanding
(TA SOU) each quarter they wish to use TA.
- Please visit your respective Military Services education portal for additional information.
- MCC requires the soldier to notify us of intent to use TA funding. Please visit the
Veteran Services Office or email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Soldiers who withdraw from their classes due to a military service obligation will
have their student accounts adjusted. TA funds will be returned to ArmyIgnitED. Soldier
must notify the Veterans Services Office if they withdraw from a class.
- The student that needs to withdraw from their classes due to a military service obligation
will be approved through the Tuition Appeal process for any debt incurred.
- TA recipients are entitled to all forms of financial aid that Mott Community College
makes available to all students. Please contact our Financial Aid department for information
about Title IV student aid programs, scholarships, grants and loans.