Guide to Checking Out Materials
Checking out materials is easy! Just bring your student ID and a valid picture ID
with you to the Circulation Desk for checkout.
- Loan Period — Books may be checked out for three weeks
- Item Limit — There is a ten item limit at any one time, regardless of type of material
- Renewal — Material may be renewed up to three times if another library user has not requested
the item. To renew your items call the Circulation Desk (810) 762-0403.
- Location — Held at the Circulation Desk
- Loan Period — Loan periods vary by item and borrower type. 2 item limit.
- Overdue notices are automatically sent to the MCC email account. Please check your
- There are no daily overdue fines on most circulating books; however, there are fines
on reserve items, equipment, audiobooks, and study rooms. Contact the circulation
staff at 762-0403 for more information.
- Students will be billed for any items that are 60 days overdue. A hold will be placed
on their account until either the item is returned (in similar condition that it was
first borrowed) or pays the replacement price for the item. Until either action is
taken, students with holds on their accounts will not be able to borrow other items
from the library, register for classes, request a formal transcript from the college