Find a Quiet Place
There are a variety of study areas on the library's first and second floors. The second
floor is a quiet study area , no talking allowed. Quiet conversation is permitted on the first floor.
Study & Presentation Practice Rooms
Presentation Practice Room
The Presentation Practice Room may be used by current MCC students, employees and University Center students to
create and practice a presentation. Recording, saving, and viewing the presentation
are available options. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first
- The room may be used by 1-8 people. It is not a group study room; users must need
to use the equipment.
- The room may be reserved in advance for one hour, and may be renewed for an additional
one hour if no one else has reserved the room.
- To reserve the presentation practice room, visit or call the circulation desk at 762-0403.
Group Study Rooms
Group Study Rooms may be used by groups of at least 2 students for 2 hours. No renewals. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.. Check out the
room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- Locked group study rooms are only available for currently enrolled students at MCC
or enrolled in University Center courses.
- Group study rooms are available on a first come, first served basis. Groups may not
reserve a room in advance.
- At least two students must be present to check out a study room. Both a Mott ID and
a photo ID are required.
- University Center students who wish to check out the room need to show a current Mott
Library University Center Card and a photo ID card.
- $5.00 fine will be charged if the key is returned late.
Individual use of a group study room is not permitted.
Locked Group Study Room Capacity
- Rooms 2006 and 2008 are equal in size and seat 2-4 people each.
- Room 2010 is the largest of the locked group study rooms and seats 4-6 people.
- Room 2012 is the smallest of the locked group study rooms and seats 2-4 people.