Find a Quiet Place
There are a variety of study areas on the library's first and second floors. The second
floor is a quiet study area , no talking allowed. Quiet conversation is permitted on the first floor.
Group Study Rooms
- Group Study Rooms may be used by individuals or groups for up to 4 hours. No renewals.
- Group study rooms are available for currently enrolled MCC or University Center students.
Mott Middle College students may check out group study rooms except during the 12pm
to 1pm lunch hour.
- Check out and return the room key at the circulation desk on the first floor.
- A picture ID is required.
- Rooms may be reserved in advance by contacting library circulation services at 762-0403.
- A $5.00 fine will be charged if the key is returned late.
- Rooms are not soundproof. Please keep conversation and other sounds at a moderate
level which does not disturb the 2nd floor quiet study area outside.
Locked Group Study Room Capacity
- Rooms 2006 and 2008 are equal in size and seat 2-4 people each.
- Room 2010 is the largest of the locked group study rooms and seats 4-6 people.
- Room 2012 is the smallest of the locked group study rooms and seats 2-4 people.
Presentation Practice Rooms
The Presentation Practice Room may be used by current MCC students, employees and University Center students to
create and practice a presentation. Recording, saving, and viewing the presentation
are available options. Check out the room key at the circulation desk on the first
- The room may be used by 1-8 people. It is not a group study room; users must need
to use the equipment.
- The room may be reserved in advance for one hour, and may be renewed for an additional
one hour if no one else has reserved the room.
- To reserve the presentation practice room, visit or call the circulation desk at 762-0403.