Mott Community College, uses computerized placement test results along with other information to recommend the most appropriate beginning course levels for you as a new student. The placement assessment software used is ACCUPLACER.
You will be required to take Reading, Math, and English computerized placement tests.
What are these tests?
This is not a college entrance examination. It consists of up to five computerized tests, 12-20 questions each, in the areas of reading, English and Math. Questions appear one at a time with multiple choice answers
How to access ACCUPLACER and use Practice/Sample Tests
When do I take these tests?
Begin testing after you submit an application to MCC.
If you are still in high school, you may want to take the test when you are close to the end of your last semester.Schedule Placement Testing
How long does it take to complete these tests?
Placement testing is not timed. Testing usually takes 1½ to 2 hours to complete.
What do I need to bring to the testing?
Bring your current photo ID (i.e., driver's license, State ID, passport, high school ID).
Where is testing offered?
Main Campus - Flint(Prahl College Center PCC2010)
Monday - 8:30 AM - 4:30 PM
Tuesday - Thursday 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Friday 9:00 AM - 2:30 PM
Northern Tier Center (Clio)
Southern Lakes Branch Center (Fenton)
Lapeer Extension Center
Any other Important Information?
Disability accommodations are available. Call Disability Services at (810) 232-9181 prior to testing. A Test Administrator is present to resolve any problems.
You may be exempt from parts of the placement test if:
- You have successfully completed college level classes in writing, math and/or reading (provide unofficial college transcripts).
- You have scored 20 or higher on the ACT in English and Reading; 22 or higher in Math (bring a copy of your results)
- You have scored 27 or higher on the SAT in Writing and Language & Reading (test scores); 520 or higher in Math (section scores). Test Dates Effective as of 4/12/16. (bring a copy of your score report).
- You hold an accredited 2 or 4 year degree. Bring documentation with you.
- You are a re-entering MCC Student who completed prior testing, taken less than one year ago.
Your test results and other information which you provide are used by MCC for counseling and placement recommendation purposes. If your data is used for research purposes, your identity is kept confidential.
Placement Assessment Scores and Exemptions (i.e. ACT & SAT Scores) will expire three (3) years from the date they were taken!
If you have any questions, please see your academic advisor.