Mobile Safety Application
Mott Community College offers the Rave Guardian app as an added way to ensure your safety, as well as the safety of your friends, on campus. Download for free today through the App Store / Google Play Store below.
Rave Guardian is one of the best ways to improve your personal safety and also protect your friends
by building your own private safety network. This app provides instant communication
with friends, family, co-workings, campus safety, and even 9-1-1. Learn more at www.raveguardian.com
Download the app today.
Downloading & Installing the Rave Guardian App
Search for the "Rave Guardian" in the Apple App Store for iPhones or Google Play Store for Android
Download and Install the App "Rave Guardian" Rave Mobile Safety.
Open the App, it will prompt you to turn on location services for your phone and accept push notifications. Select OK for each of these prompts.
Select "I am with a school." to associate yourself with Mott Community College.
Sign up with the Mott Community College email address (this will be your username).
Choose & confirm a password.
Enter the Requested Identity and Security Information.
First Name, Last Name, UserID (*Recommend using email account), Password
Select a security question (from list of questions), PIN.
Confirm your account via text and your school affiliation via email. A confirmation code will be sent to you by text message, enter the confirmation code
into the Guardian App. Open and confirm email sent to your MCC Email address.
Note: You are asked to create a password and 4 digit PIN. Remember the PIN, as you will
need it to activate and deactivate your safety timer. The more information you add,
the more information the police will have if you ever need to use the emergency features
of the app.
How Does Rave Guardian Work?
The Rave Guardian app provides several tools you can use to enhance your safety on campus:
- Emergency calls & safety tips: Call or provide tips (including photos) to Campus Safety about an unsafe situation
on campus. Or call 911 directly from the app.
- Directly contact friends or family: Import contacts into the Rave Guardian app and communicate directly with trusted
- Set a safety timer: If you’re heading out alone, set a safety timer. The app automatically notifies your
contacts if the timer expires before you disable it.
- Guard someone else: Receive safety notifications via the Rave Guardian app on behalf of others.
- Create a safety profile: Automatically share key information about yourself, including a photo and information
about medical conditions or allergies, in the event of an emergency.
The app includes step-by-step instructions for configuring and using each of these